Thursday, November 29, 2012

H is for Heat

My new (-ish) apartment has electric heat. I've never had a heater with no thermostat before and it is taking me a few tries to get the temperature right. One night, it was a bit warm so I turned it off and went to bed. Woke up sweating with my poor dogs panting. I had accidentally turned it all the way up instead of off. Oops.
                                
Sleeping in a non-freezing environment is not a luxury I had when married. On the very rare nights when he was feeling nice, Ex would let me curl up beside him and his heat kept me nice and warm. On every other night, though, he would cocoon himself in all of the blankets, leaving me with nothing.
                                
I quickly learned to keep a blanket beside the bed to use after Ex took all the blankets, although I would inevitably wake during the night, freezing, only to see that Ex had taken my spare blanket, too. I never even mentioned it to him. Wasn't worth the days of punishing silence that would have earned me. I preferred to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs