Friday, March 16, 2012

I is for Insomniac

"Song of the Insomniac"

Slap, slap, slap
The only sound I hear
When I’m out at three A.M.
And no one else is near.

A car alarm goes off
But no one stops its tweet
Chirp Beep Honk
When I’m running down the street.

        

Sleep would be much better
How I wish I could.
Problem is the guy upstairs
Who thinks this is the hood.

Abandoned cars out back
He makes my life a hell
TV’s either on
Or I hear his girlfriend yell.

       

She clomps around in heels
No matter what the hour
They even scream and yell
When they’re standing in the shower.

My landlord doesn’t care
No word has she said.
Which is why I’m out here running
When I should be home in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs