Tuesday, June 19, 2012

R is for Romantic

Almost two years after we met, Ex took me to a Japanese steak house for dinner on Valentine's Day. Two weeks after that, he took me to a quiet, romantic Italian restaurant and proposed to me right there at the table. Ex later told me that he had planned to propose on Valentine's Day, but the steak house wasn't romantic enough.
                                
I thought that was very sweet and thoughtful.

When I moved out of my apartment a few weeks ago, I found the receipt for the engagement ring. Ex had purchased it a few days before we went to the Italian restaurant. He didn't have it on Valentine's Day.
                                              
Does it matter? Not really. It is just another of Ex's tiny little lies that added up to an unbelievable man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs