Saturday, October 6, 2012

Q is for Quiet

I was trying to think of something light to talk about, but the dark cloud over my head is storming today, so a bummer this will be.
                          
When Ex and I first got married, he spent a lot of time sitting on the couch, just staring at the wall. Not reading, not sleeping, not watching television, not playing on the computer - just staring. I thought it was a bit odd, but at that time, so many odd things were happening (like my fiance suddenly turning into a monster) that I didn't give it much thought. I figured he just liked to sit and stare.

Months afterwards, Ex told me that he started doing that because he found my presence so irritating that he could not concentrate on a book or the TV. I'm a very quiet person by nature, so it's not like I was stomping around yelling or even talking to him. He was mad about things like me interrupting his reading to tell him that dinner was ready. Once I realized that, I let food get cold if he was busy.
                         
Ex told me this at the same time he told me that we stopped having sex because I didn't like him. He stopped. Not me. I liked him. I loved him. He found my presence irritating. Who liked who? (Why is another story.)

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs