Monday, October 8, 2012

R is for Remembering

I remember the first time I saw Ex. We had been set up on a blind date and had agreed to meet at a local sports bar to play pool. I got there on time and Ex was already there.

My type: short, dark hair, brown eyes, slim.
Ex: tall, blonde, blue eyes, kind of chunky.

Totally not my type. Yet I found him incredibly attractive.
                              
The next thing I noticed was that Ex had taken the pool balls from a quarter table and was playing on the pay-by-time table. Meaning, he was being cheap. Or smart...which is how I chose to see it when I was processing things later. He wasn't drinking anything and I didn't, either. We both had quarters and both paid to play depending on who won.
                            
We didn't really play very long. After a few games, we just stood there talking. I had never connected with someone so quickly and Ex was so easy to talk to. He was interesting and interested. He was smart. He was funny. He was quick. We talked for hours and I lost track of time. Ex made a very good first impression. As I was driving away, I remember thinking that I could really like this guy.

How did that guy disappear so completely once he said "I do"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs