Wednesday, October 10, 2012

S is for S---

Dear S---,

I wanted to write you a letter to let you know how much you mean to me. Working with you as my therapist has been the best thing that could have happened to me. I have changed so much in the past eight months and the credit goes to you.

You got me through the whole Dialectical Behavior Therapy rotation in good order and now have been helping me put old traumas to rest with EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing). As you know, I have not been the most willing of clients and have given you some grief over these past months. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be difficult.

When you told me you were leaving, the world stopped rotating. I've had a crushing sensation in my chest since you told me you were moving to another state and would no longer be seeing me. Tears are constantly either falling or threatening to fall.

I have a hard time getting up in the morning. I have a hard time concentrating. I have a hard time breathing.

Thank you for putting up with me this whole time. You have changed my life. I want you to know how grateful I am to you for everything you have done for me. I'm a different person now. I'm going to miss you more than you can possibly imagine. I'm not ready to say good-bye.

I'm not ready for tomorrow to be the last time I ever see you.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is so nice. I certainly hope you told him/her this because it would make his/her day. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did kind of tell her in person but not nearly as clearly as I wrote it. I wanted to tell her more but I'm not very into emotional displays...except for crying because she is gone. Not that anyone sees that except for my dogs and they just sigh.

      Delete

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs