Monday, October 15, 2012

V is for Vacant

My therapist forbade me from driving past Ex's house. Someone needed to. Like I said, I used to be quite the stalker. It has been a long time since I did a drive-by, mainly because I don't think he even lives in town anymore. When we divorced, he was working for a company that kept sending him to different states. Ex was from a desert state and I know he went back there and lived in his mom's house right after the divorce. After he got fired. Again.

Back to vacant. I don't remember how long it had been since I moved out, but at least a few months had passed when I got a phone call from the police. They wanted to let me know that my front door had been kicked in. They couldn't tell if there was anything missing, since the place was almost empty.
                                      
I explained that I no longer lived there and that it was completely Ex's house and gave them his phone number. Then I sent him a text to let him know what had happened. He didn't respond.

Of course I drove by the house to see what was up. The door remained kicked in for about a week. Then a weekend passed and I guess he came back and fixed it. I really wanted to throw bricks through the window. I didn't vandalized his house, though, no matter how badly I wanted to. I figured someone else was kind enough to do it for me.
                                          
Ex had paid way too much for the house and put no money down, so there was no way he could sell the house. We tried while we were married and the real estate agent said it would have cost about $7,000 to sell it even if someone overpaid for it. Yikes.
                                               
So I assume that the sad, vacant house is still Ex's. I think he is unemployed and living off of his mother. That was the case last I heard. I would say I miss the house but really, the things that happened in there make it seem like a haunted house. It can stay vacant. I still want to throw bricks through the window and I am not a violent person.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs