Thursday, November 1, 2012

B is for Birthday

On my very first birthday as Ex's girlfriend, we had plans to go out to dinner and a movie. I had to work eleven hours that day, so we thought a nice, quiet evening would be perfect. At work, I saw that Ex had called, so I called him back on my break. He told me that a friend of his (who lived less than two hours away) was going to be in town for the weekend and that he and Ex were going out that night but that I was welcome to "come with".

Excuse me?

I got upset and went to dinner with a friend instead. Ex went out with his friend because he was a total ass. You would think little things like that would have been a sign. Red flag, but not red enough, I guess. 
                                              

I think the reason I put up with stuff like that is because I am used to being last on the list. My birthday was Saturday and none of my family called me. My mom did send me a text message, which was actually worse than forgetting me. She thinks texts are rude and dismissive and not worth anything. She hates texts. So she sends me a happy birthday text. I sent her one back.
                              
"thanks"

For everything.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not one to harp on birthday celebrations, but that is pretty horrible for him to have made plans and then cancel them for a friend.

    And the family text instead of talking for even 45 seconds to say happy birthday!? How horrible. I joke with my siblings about posting Facebook messages for them on their birthdays, but eventually I actually call.

    I thought the mom was horrible after the last post about her and the not traveling to see you - this is just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, she's my mom and I love her. Now I just wish she felt the same about me. lol

      Delete
    2. Gotta love family, even with their faults!

      Delete

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs