Thursday, October 31, 2013

D is for Domestic

I was so excited to be Ex's wife - I couldn't wait to wash his clothes, make his dinner, and keep our house neat and clean. I know it may sound stupid, but I really was excited about being domestic. Caring for someone and showing them that I care by my actions.

Ex didn't want me to do his laundry and got mad when I offered. Really mad. So I stopped offering.
                                  
As for dinner, well, if you've read this blog for long, you know about him and dinner. If you haven't, let's just say he would tell me what he wanted for dinner and then eat cereal instead of the dinner he had just told me to make. He did eat a few meals I made, but not the nightly feasts I had planned.
                              
I did keep the house pretty clean, which took a lot of work. I'm a natural slob; I'm more comfortable in a messy house than a pristine one. I don't know why. It is what it is. But I kept Ex's house clean and picked up. (Another past story - it was always just Ex's house, not "ours".)
                                       
How, you wonder, could Ex turn the fact that I kept his house clean into a problem? Well, I would clean the bathroom and in a few hours, Ex would go in and clean it again. No matter how hard I scrubbed and no matter how filthy his bathroom was before I moved in. That hurt.

2 comments:

  1. How annoying that he didn't eat the food he asked you to make... along with all the other things you have said here, too. I'm sure you may miss doing it for someone else, but at least you can do those things for yourself now and not have someone not appreciating your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started having friends over for dinner again. I did that a lot before Ex came along. He was "shy" around my friends so I saw them less and less. Luckily, my friends are AWESOME and still love me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs