Thursday, December 5, 2013

Q is for Quiet

Before we were married, Ex used to come to my house just to hang out with me while I studied. He would bring a book and lie on the couch, using me for a pillow while he read. It was so peaceful and it made me feel very loved. Then we got married. Oops.

I noticed that Ex spent an inordinate amount of time with a book open on his lap, but he would just stare at the wall. I wondered if he was just thinking about what he had read, or what, but I never questioned him about it. I thought it was a little strange, but still a lovable habit. It was cute, I thought, and I quietly left him alone with his musings.
              
Towards the beginning of the end of our marriage, Ex enlightened me. He told me that my mere presence was so annoying to him that he couldn't stand to even read with me anywhere nearby. Even when I was quiet, Ex said, I disturbed him so much that he would stare at the wall instead of reading because he couldn't stand the interruption of my presence.

So instead of sitting there being cute, Ex was sitting there actively hating me. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs