Saturday, January 18, 2014

M is for Medication

5mg Abilify
40mg Prozac
350mg Wellbutrin
50mcg Levothyroxine
                                          
I just stopped taking everything except for the thyroid medication. Cold turkey; didn't even taper. And I feel better than I have felt in a long time. I feel more awake than I have in years. I cry more often. I laugh more often. I get irritated at things that are irritating rather than just not caring. I was numb for so long, but I thought it was just the way things were because of depression. I didn't realize that it was a strong possibility that the medication was making me a zombie.

This is not the first time I have tried to quit. But I still had a lot of stress and was in school (or between attempts, that is) and just couldn't make it. I think I'm good this time. I've been "clean" for almost three weeks now. I have asked friends to watch for weird behavior and let me know if they think I'm not okay. I'm starting back to school Tuesday. Just taking some upper-level undergraduate English classes so I can apply for the Master's in English with a publishing emphasis. I would like to be an editor, I think. I don't know for sure, but it seems like a good path to go down at the moment. I'm a girl who needs a path.
                                   
So wish me luck - school, work, no medication. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy. :) :) :) :) :)

    Medicine is great in its place, but I know it's so wonderful to be able to be free from it. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support. And the comment :)

      I just got home from my first day of classes. I think it will be a very fun semester.

      Delete

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs