Sunday, February 16, 2014

R is for Repentant

"I'm sorry." This is what I hear as I trudge through the snow at 2:34 AM, looking for something to stick under a tire that is stuck in the ice and snow mix on the side of my driveway. What? Tonight I learned my lesson: don't mess with assholes you meet on craigslist. This is the guy I posted about a few months ago; the dude I really, really liked and thought might actually turn into a relationship. HA!
                                 
Dude knocked on my door in the middle of the night. Tapped on it persistently, I should say, waking my poor dogs up and, through their barking, me. I wouldn't let him in and then he told me he was stuck. Stupid guy missed the driveway and hit the ditch. It took half an hour to get his car unstuck. I really should have called the police on his repentant soul. Let them deal with him and him with them.

I hate it when people repeatedly do something they need to apologize for. Just stop being mean, rude, thoughtless, whatever. I don't care if you're sorry. It changes nothing when you just keep doing it. Dude's favorite phrase, from previous experience of him being way too drunk and saying and doing rude things. He's sorry. I know. He kept saying he was sorry and that this wasn't my problem and to go inside. Well, you made it my problem when you knocked on my door, Dude.
                           
I'm mad at myself for getting involved with someone so thoughtless. Even without getting stuck - which of course I know was completely unintentional - why are you knocking on my door in the middle of the night when I haven't seen or heard from you for months? Go away and be sorry somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs