Thursday, April 24, 2014

A is for Appl

I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, but maybe an explanation of my name is overdue. My little sister is seven years younger than I am, and I used to tell her stories when we were going to sleep. Most of them involved Potato Cake, our protagonist. Don't ask me why. I don't have a clue. Another recurring character was Marcy Appl. Hence the pseudonym.
                    
I have changed everyone's name in this blog, mainly to protect the innocent. Or, in Ex's case, to protect me from being sued. I have not painted him in a flattering light, but I am definitely telling the truth.

Today, as I was driving to work, a flash of him came to me. They were talking about prom on the radio, and I remembered that, when I returned Ex's tux a few days after the wedding, the guy at the tux shop made a huge deal about Ex not picking up the tux until the morning of the wedding.
                                    
At the time, it didn't occur to me that Ex probably wasn't planning on showing up. Oh, how I wish he hadn't. I think I could have gotten over being left at the altar way faster than living with a sociopath for two years. Living through that has irrevocably changed me.

So now I am Appl. Marcy Appl.
                       2560x1440 Wallpaper apple, fruit, drops, surface

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs