Monday, July 16, 2012

X is for Xeranthemum annuum

...and Xeranthemum annuum is a "mostly widely cultivated species of everlasting flowers having usually purple flowers (dictionary.com)". Just in case you, like me, had no idea what that meant.

It was a plant in the botanical gardens that Ex and I went to in his home state. We had flown in and then my mom drove down to meet Ex's mom. That trip was idyllic. We went to the Grand Canyon, the boatnaical gardens, hiked several mountains and deserts, and spent hot afternoons in air-conditioned museums. Our moms hit it off and we had a great time.
                                   
Every visit after that was horrid. You see, that was the only time we went to visit his mom before we got married. Then, once we got married, he didn't like me anymore. Some of our worst times were at his mom's house, since he had a lot of unresolved anger towards her that he liked to take out on me.
                                        
I'll tell you more of those stories later. This is just a short story about a pretty little purple flower we saw at the botanical gardens way back when Ex still treated me like a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs