Wednesday, August 1, 2012

B is for Birthday

I came home that first birthday as his wife to find Ex, Zeke, and the dog all wearing party hats. Ex sang to me while I blew out the candles on the ice cream cake he had bought and had them write my name on. Never mind that I hate ice cream cake - I was thrilled. What a lovely thing for him to do!
                            
He gave me a great present of a multi-tool for my bike. Never mind that he used the tool and lost it just a few weeks later.

On my second birthday as Ex's wife, there was no cake, no song, no present, no celebration. He was working out of town at the time and mad that he had been "forced" to come home that weekend, even though my birthday was on Tuesday that year. Never mind that I hadn't asked him to come home.
                                     
When I moved out, I was sorting through our things and found a birthday card he had bought for me. Never mind that he never gave me the card. They say it's the thought that counts. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs