Sunday, August 5, 2012

C is for Cabin

Tonight is the night. I rented a small cabin at an RV resort about an hour from my apartment. It is my first night here. I've never been on vacation by myself before. Sure, I've visited relatives or traveled for business, but this is different. Just me and my two dogs, hanging out at the resort. I came to write, read, and relax before school starts again.
                                    
Tonight I am going to make a campfire. Tonight I am going to cook hot dogs for myself and my dogs. Tonight I am going to burn my Burn Box.

I am a very sentimental person. I have the ticket stubs from every single movie Ex and I ever went to see. I have programs from roller derbys, ticket stubs from baseball games, ski lift tickets, and every card he ever gave me. Calendars. Wedding cards. Paperwork from the reception hall. Pamphlets from our honeymoon. I have so much garbage that means so much to me.
                              
Tonight I am going to burn my sentimental garbage. Tonight I leave it all behind in the fire pit. Tonight painful memories will turn to ashes. Goodbye, sentimental garbage, and good riddance to you.

1 comment:

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs