Saturday, August 18, 2012

E is for Eloquent

Not that Ex was. Not at all. However, the letter that he wrote to me was quite eloquent. I'm talking about the letter he wrote when we were dating and I found out he had gone on a date with someone else. I'm referring to the letter Ex wrote after I dumped him. I'm talking about the letter in which he poured out his heart and told me how he had known I was The One the moment we met.
                                 
His letter convinced me that he loved me and that he had just been afraid. We had had a fight and he thought I was going to leave him. Which I should have, but hindsight is 20/20, you know. Obviously, the letter affirmed his love for me and so I took Ex back and the rest is history.

I found the letter again as I was packing my things to leave Ex. I reread it and, again, found it eloquent and convincing. It helped me feel better about having been so deceived by him. Anyone, I thought, would have been swayed by such a heart-felt missive.
                          
Then I found the letter again as I was at my little cabin on vacation. I read it for the last time. It was stupid. Obviously written in desperation, not love. Fear, not caring. Self-preservation, not giving. I read the first few paragraphs and then threw the stupid thing into the fire. I'm glad it is gone from the universe. Eloquent crap like that simply shouldn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs