Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A is for Alone

Ex and I loved Netflix. We had the two DVD option, so we always had something good to watch. Or, rather, Ex did. He almost always bumped his choices up to the top of the list, so he would have two DVDs which he would not watch but not want to send back. So I rarely got any of my picks. Did he do that on purpose? Looking back, I would have to say yes.
                                             
I told Ex there was a movie I thought he would really enjoy. The Prestige has a great twist at the end, which I won't give away here, just in case you haven't seen it yet and would like to. It's a really good movie. Two thumbs up. 
                               
Anyway, the movie arrived and I was excited, because I thought Ex would like the movie and maybe it could be a conversation starter. He had (surprise, surprise) not been speaking to me. I told Ex the movie was there and he just completely ignored me. I tried asking what he would like for dinner. No answer.

The Prestige makes me sad now, because the last time I watched it was alone in the dark while Ex tinkered with his motorcycle in the garage. I remember Ex walking through the living room and looking at me as if he was going to say something. Then he just kept walking. And I just kept watching the movie. Alone. I didn't cry. Guess I'll make up for that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs