Thursday, October 10, 2013

B is for Buell

I won a Buell motorcycle. Yes, you read that right - I won a motorcycle. Ex and I had taken my nephews to a race and I signed up on a whim. When she called to tell me I was the winner, I thought she was trying to sell me something. But no, I really won the $12,500 motorcycle. I was ecstatic.
                  
Ex was working out of town but usually answered when I called him. I called and left a message, telling him that I had very exciting news and to please call me as soon as possible. I sent him a text shortly after, telling him the same thing. He didn't call me back. He did finally answer at around  10:30, but I was still too excited to care that he had been blowing me off all day.

His response to this wonderful news I was so excited about I could barely spit it out? "Oh."

He didn't want to keep it. He had an older motorcycle that he had paid around $3,000 for, and he said he wanted to keep that one. So we agreed to sell the Buell. Ex posted it on a local motorcycle web site and we got no responses from it. Or so I thought.

                                
After I finally left, I got on that web site and found that people asked for the price of the Buell. Someone made a slightly snide remark about no price and Ex had gone off on them. He said he hoped the guy was sodomized by his mother and beaten every day by his father. He said even worse things. Over nothing. This was the man I was married to. No wonder no one responded. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs