Monday, November 25, 2013

M is for Mountain

Ex invited me and my mom to go visit his mom, who lived in an area with mountains. Not Colorado. Anyway, I didn't know why he had invited my mom, also, but she was into it, so I was happy. Then Ex proposed and it all made sense; he wanted our moms to meet before our wedding. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do.
                                      
Our moms got along splendidly and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We did all of the touristy things like going to the nearby national park, art museums, botanical gardens, and ate out a lot. Ex was so nice to me, so polite and thoughtful to both of our moms. I fell even more in love with him on that trip.
                                
On one of our last days there, he wanted to climb a mountain that was just a few minutes from his mom's house. We all went, but it proved to be a bit too challenging for our moms. They encouraged us to go on, and they went back down to sit and rest.

Ex and I made it all the way to the peak of the mountain. The view was incredible. Ex and I sat at the top for about ten minutes, just enjoying the view and each other's company. We had some trail mix and Ex happily chomped it as we sat there. He thanked me for bringing it and held his hand out to help me up.
                
That is the one time I had a good time at his mom's house. Every other time was after we were married and he always threw a huge temper tantrum and told me how much he hated me and what a terrible person I was. Crying, red-faced, shouting that I didn't love him. He was so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs