Monday, August 4, 2014

N is for Notified

The office gossip just notified everyone that the boss is getting a divorce and the owner's right-hand woman is in the mental hospital. Two things I don't want to know. Two things that have happened to me that I didn't want other people to know. I hate the office gossip. She is lazy, snoopy, and annoying. She knows I do not like her. I do not hide my feelings toward her. I have no idea why she notified me of these things. I guess they were just to juicy not to tell.
                                    
I feel really bad for my boss. He has two young children. He seems really nice, but I only see him in the workplace, so who knows who he is when he is at home. I just know divorce rips a person apart from the inside out. I know it caused me to fail the biggest opportunity of my life - dental school. I know it still hurts, four years later. I know I will forever be "divorced."

The right-hand woman...I don't know. I didn't know she was depressed or suicidal or whatever it is that drove her to go to the mental hospital. I feel sad for her. She has three young children and a husband. I don't know how they get along. She works at a different office, so I haven't really gotten to know her. I know failing dental school was what made me go to the hospital. I don't know - and I don't want to know - why she went. It's not that I don't care. It just isn't my business.
                            
Sad things happen to people. The world is a sad, sad place. I hate it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs