Monday, August 11, 2014

P is for Positive

Up until I got married on July 19, 2008, I was the most positive person you had ever met. My glass was not only half-full; my glass was overflowing. I was optimistic and ready to take on the world. God was on my side and nothing could stand in the way of me getting into dental school and using my skills to help people. I was going to help poor people. I was going to help people who were scared to go to the dentist. I was going to help put my nieces and nephews through college. I was going to support my mother.
                            
It was all going to happen. Of this, I still have no doubt. Then I met Ex and sent my life spinning down the drain.
                               
My overflowing glass is now shattered. I am no longer a positive person. I am the negative of that positive. Before July 19, 2008, I used to wonder what it would be like to be pessimistic. I thought it would be sad and depressing. Now I know. It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't make me talk to myself, yo.

Relationships blog Relationships blog Top  blogs